Welcome to my recipe page! I enjoy cooking when I get the time. I have a very small kitchen and limited tools, so these are quite simple recipes, if you ask me. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fluffy Pancakes

3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp. white vinegar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
2 tbsp butter, melted
cooking spray

1. Combine milk and white vinegar in medium bowl. Set aside 5 minutes so "sour"
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Whisk egg and butter into soured milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup fulls batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with spatula and cook until browned on the other side.

No comments: