Welcome to my recipe page! I enjoy cooking when I get the time. I have a very small kitchen and limited tools, so these are quite simple recipes, if you ask me. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sweet Sloppy Joes

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can tomato soup, undiluted
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 T brown sugar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
4 sesame seed hamburger buns, toasted

Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet until beef is browned, stirring until it crumbles; drain. Stir in soup and next 6 ingredients; simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often. Serve on toasted buns. Yield: 4 servings.

*If you don't like your sloppy joes sweet, just omit the brown sugar

1 comment:

Christian and Jennifer said...

Thanks to that Southern Living cookbook I bought online after seeing yours . . . . I LOVE THIS RECIPE! And a whole bunch of other ones in that book! Have you made the sweet jalepeno ribs in the crockpot? To die for. (I just use boneless ones and they are so good!)